Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Pt 7

She hears the door open and close. A chair scrapes the floor, and the sound of someone sitting beside her bed causes her to open her eyes.

A smiling man looking to be in his late 40's is sitting there staring.

She opens one eye, and stares back.

"Hi. How's it going today? I'm Dr. Chin Liu. I have your test results today. Are you ready?" the staring man offeres.

With effort she sits up, folds her hands in her lap, and calmly looks at the doctor. "Yes."

Still smiling, he looks at a folder on his lap. " I have some good news, and some bad news. The good news is that the babies are fine. Both have strong heartbeats and even though it's too early to tell too much about their devlopment, it looks like they're going to be healthy..." Never did he take his eyes from the folder as he said this.

She clears her throat. "Twins? I'm going to have twins??"

Carefully, he looks at her, "Yes ma'am. Twins."

"What's the problem? Why am I feeling so sick." She demands.

"Well," he starts. "The babies are draining too much of the nutrients in your body, miss. With your small frame, and your background of medical problems, I only see one of two things happening. Either you'll end up having a miscarriage, or you'll be able to carry the babies to full term, and die during the birth. Even a c-section would not help you, ma'am." He clears his throat. " You're too small for a natural birth, and a cesarian would cause you to lose too much blood. There's no way around it."

Looking again at the folder in his lap, he goes on in a voice almost too quiet to hear. " It's not too late to have an abortion, ma'am."

In shock, she just sits there. Two babies? And they might not live? She puts her arms around her stomach, silently cradling the children inside her. Her children. James' children. She shakes her head.

In a hoarse voice she whispers, "I will not have an abortion. I will not kill my babies."


The man blushes. "I'm sorry, I didn't.... I don't... "

Coldly, she states,"Get out."

The man, obviously embarrassed at having made the comment, leaves in a hurry.

She lies back on her pillows, and listens to her own breathing.

Twins. I have two precious healthy babies inside me. Two lives depending on me. Two little people, a part of James' and I. What am I going to do? Oh God, please let these babies live. Please hold them to you, and keep them safe.


She drifts off to sleep once more, her arms gently holding her stomach.


~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Authors note:

Heather, lol. This isn't a blog soap. It's an actual story I'm writing. Kinda surprising myself, actually.

In other news, I'm doing well. Just going on with day to day life. I do ask, however, that if you are a believer of God, and if you are the praying type, that you add a family to your list. Brandon and Brandi, and their two boys; William and Landon are good friends of mine. They have a desperate need right now for some comfort in their lives. I'll not share the details with everyone, but I'm sure you all know how little I ask for prayer requests so you know how important this is. Now, more than ever, they need some help.

Thank you. Miss Cali

|

~~~*~~~

Whispered by the fire in Miss Megumi's cave of wonders @ 4:28 PM

~*~*~*~

All content is copyrighted by California Stryker © 2004

* * * * *