Image Hosted by The Image Hosting

Monday, November 22, 2004

Pt 4

The alarm clock drifts thru her dream and brings her back to reality. She jumps out of bed and calls him to wake him up. They talk as they shower and dress; this time spent just talking about mundane things treasured by both.

His words bring him closer to her. He is her lifeline, her foundation; the only person in her life.

He is her best friend.
He is her only family.
Without him she has no roots to ground her to this life.

Without him, she is lost.

On the other side of the phone he notices the change in her and sighs.

"Honey, I'll be home soon, and this is my last trip out. Our businesses are bringing in enought money... I can afford to stay home."
"That reminds me," she replies. "The contractors say the house will be reqady 2 days before you come home. So I can start setting up house before you arrive.... I was gonna wait to tell you but... Oh honey, I have even better news."

He chuckles. "And what news is that?"

A smile comes to her lips. "I'll give you one guess per phone call."

He laughs and thinks to himself "this is so like her". Outloud he says, "My guess is the new restraunt was approved, and building starts soon?"

"Nope," she giggles. "Not even close."

" I love you honey. So very much," he says. "It's time."

She sighs, and the smile fades from her face. "I can't wait for you to come home."

"I know baby."

"Have a good day, darling, and be safe," she whispers. "I love you."

They both hang up and she turns toward the door. With a heavy heart and a deep sigh she braces herself as she enters the world and travels the distance to work.

|

~~~*~~~

Whispered by the fire in Miss Megumi's cave of wonders @ 10:35 PM

~*~*~*~

All content is copyrighted by California Stryker © 2004

* * * * *